Navigation >> Home >> 2010 Pointscore Competitions
2010 ADVANCE® BREEDER OF THE YEAR RULES
These rules should be read in conjuction with
rules covering all pointscore competitions.
Remember - All results need to be submitted to us within 30 days of the event/show. Championship titles (where you are claiming Breeder Competition points) need to be submitted within 60 days of the certificate being issued.
We strongly recommend that you submit the result (or title certificate) the day you receive it to prevent future unforeseen circumstances stopping you from entering it within the above time limits.
- There are seven group competitions (one in each of Toys, Terriers, Gundogs, Hounds, Working Dogs, Utility and Non-Sporting), and one National Competition.
- The Promoter of all the competitions is MARS Petcare (a division of Effem Foods Pty Ltd, ABN 48 008 454 313), of Kelly Street, Wodonga Victoria 3690. The competitions are conducted independently. They are not sponsored or endorsed by any state or national kennel council or canine association or other organisation. Entry to competitions is open to all owners of a breeder prefix, including employees of the Promoter and their families.
- Entry into the Group competitions is open only to persons who at some time during the period 1/1/10 to 31/12/10, inclusive (the "Show Period") are the registered owner of the prefix under a registration in Australia with the Australian National Kennel Council (each an "Owner). Points for results and titles are only awarded for dogs that have been bred in Australia under a registered Australian prefix.
- The Promoter's decisions on all matters pertaining to all the competitions, including points allocation, are final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter reserves the right to change these rules, to issue interpretations on their operation and to suspend or terminate any competition by notice on the DOGZ ONLINE website at any time.
Headings are for convenience only and do not affect interpretation.
- The winner of each Group competition will be determined under a "points" system. Points will be awarded to a Prefix when a Prefix's qualifying dog is listed in the catalogue of an All Breeds Championship Show, Group Championship show or Breed Specialty Championship Show (one where challenge points are awarded) (a "Show") during the Show Period, and in that Show the dog is awarded a show result as per the list below.
Additional points are awarded for attaining various ANKC titles as per the list below.
Points are awarded to the owner of the Prefix and not the owner of the dog. This means that dogs bred and registered under one Prefix can be owned by different owners. A Prefix can also obtained multiple points from different dogs entered at the one event.
- Qualifying Shows are all Championship shows held during the Competition Period under the rules of clubs affiliated with their State/Territory Canine Association.
- ANKC titles for which points will be awarded are listed below:
- Grand Champion - 100 points
- Conformation Champion - 50 points
- Obedience Champion - 100 points
- Companion Dog (CD) - 20 points
- Companion Dog Excellent (CDX) - 20 points
- Utility Dog (UD) - 20 points
- Utility Dog Excellent (UDX) - 20 points
- Agility Champion - 100 points
- Agilty Dog (AD) - 20 points
- Agility Dog Excellent (ADX) - 20 points
- Agility Dog Master (ADM) - 20 points
- Jumping Dog (JD) - 20 points
- Jumping Dog Excellent (JDX) - 20 points
- Jumping Dog Master (JDM) - 20 points
- Tracking Champion - 100 points
- Tracking Dog (TD) - 20 points
- Tracking Dog Excellent (TDX) - 20 points
To receive points for a Title, the date the certificate was issued must be between 1st January 2010 and 31st December 2010 and we must receive a copy of the certificate (not the pedigree form) within 60 days of the date of issue for verification purposes. (Final date for acceptance of certificates is 15th January, 2011).
You can forward a copy of the certificate to us by one of the following methods.
- Scan and email the certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax the certificate to (02) 8569 0612
- Photocopy the certificate and send to Dogz Online Pty Ltd, PO Box 777, Beenleigh Qld 4207
- Show results for which points will be awarded are listed below:
All Breeds and Group Specialty Championship Shows
- Best In Show (All Breeds or Group Specialty) - 20 points
- Runner Up In Show (All Breeds or Group Specialty) - 10 points
- Best In Group (All Breeds or Group Specialty) - 5 points
- Runner Up in Group (All Breeds or Group Specialty) - 2 points
Single or Multi Breed Specialty Championship Shows
- Best In Show (Single or Multi Breed Specialty) - 10 points
- Runner Up in Show (Single or Multi Breed Specialty) - 5 points
Royal Shows (* Selected Capital Cities only)
- Best In Show (Royal Show) - 40 points
- Runner Up In Show (Royal Show) - 30 points
- Best In Group (Royal Show) - 20 points
- Runner Up In Group (Royal Show) - 15 points
- Best Of Breed (Royal Show) - 10 points
- Challenge (Royal Show) - 5 points
Where a dog is awarded more than one of BIS or BIG only the highest number of determined points will be awarded. For example, a dog in a Show that is judged BIG then BIS will be awarded 20 points NOT 25 points (the total of the BIS and BIG points).
(*) Royal shows are restricted to the capital city Royals (ie Brisbane, Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Hobart, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin)
- Points can be won at Shows held in any State / Territory and all points won will be counted irrespective of where the dogs reside.
- If a kennel council, canine association or other organisation involved in judging and awarding points at a Qualifying Show disqualifies or bans a breeder or dog then the Promoter may disqualify the relevant Owner from its competition or subtract or remove points previously awarded to that Owner in its absolute discretion.
Winning Group Competitions
- Following the end of the Show Period, the Promoter will determine the winners of the Group competitions. The eligible Owner in each Competition that has the most points for a Prefix will receive a Trophy.
- In the event that in a Group competition more than one Owner has the same number of points, the Owner whose Prefix had the most BIS awards will be the winner.
The National Competition
- In the National Competition, the Owners' Prefix that has the most points will be deemed the ADVANCE Breeder of the Year.