Navigation >> Home >> 2011 Pointscore Competitions
2011 POINTSCORE RULES
(including Scoring System)
Important - Please ensure you read this!
- All show results need to be submitted to us within 30 days of the event/show. Final date for submission of eligible results is 6th January 2012.
- Title certificates (where you are claiming Breeder Competition points) need to be submitted within 60 days of the certificate issue date. Final date for acceptance of eligible certificates is 16th January 2012.
It is also your responsibility to check all relevant results have been recorded for your dog in each section of the pointscore. If there is an omission, we will not make adjustments that increase points outside of the above time limits.
What has changed from the 2010 competition?
- Show Dog of the Year - No changes
- Best of Breed Competition - No changes
- Rising Star of the Year - Double points now only apply when the show has 1000 and over entries (up from 750). In addition, the double points will only apply to the eligible 'In Show' and 'In Group' class wins (not the 'Class of Breed' wins). To claim the double points, you need to include the total number of entries in the show as per the catalogue when you submit the result.
- ADVANCE® Breeder of the Year - Endurance Test title now eligible for points
- Junior Handlers Competition - No changes.
- The 2011 pointscore is split into five individual competitions.
- The following rules apply to all pointscore competitions unless overridden by more specific rules in the individual competition (as detailed via the links above).
- The competition is held in Australia between 1st January, 2011 and 31st December, 2011.
- Only results from Championship Shows held in Australia between the above dates are eligible.
- Qualifying show results must be submitted electronically via this web site within 30 days of the show. Title certificates for the Advance breeder competition must be received by us within 60 days of the issue date on the certificate.
- The final date for submission of all results is 6th January, 2012.
Title certificates for the Advance Breeder competition will be accepted until 16th January, 2012 to allow for postage delays.
- In the interest of fair play and a sporting competition, once details have been entered into the competition, they will not be removed unless there are extenuating circumstances. (Please be certain that you wish to enter for the full year before completing the application).
- Only the highest eligible award per exhibit per show will be counted for each competition section. Results from a single show can be included in all 5 competitions if applicable.
- Incomplete results will be rejected.
- It is up to the individual to check their points tally for correctness. Any errors or omissions should be immediately sent to us for correction.
- Pointscore Integrity and submitting incorrect results
The integrity of the pointscore relies greatly on the honesty of the person submitting the results. Therefore in order to protect the integrity of the competition, if a result has been submitted that awards more points to a dog, breeder or handler (a "Competitor") than they would otherwise have been entitled to, we will, at our absolute discretion, disqualify the result.
Ensure you read and understand the pointscore results guide before submitting any result.
Once a "Competitor" has 4 disqualified results recorded, we reserve the right to disqualify the "Competitor" entirely from this (and future) year's competition.
- If a dog or owner is suspended by any ANKC affiliated State Canine Association, we may at our absolute discretion disqualify the owner (and any relevant dogs) from the competition.
- Whilst all due care is taken, Dogz Online Pty Ltd (and/or the pointscore partners) assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions that may occur in this competition. Points are tallied as per results received.
- We reserve the right to alter these terms and conditions at any time without individual notice to you. The decisions of Dogz Online Pty Ltd (and/or the pointscore partners) (including interpretation of the rules) are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By submitting an entry to the point score competition, you indicate your acceptance of these rules and conditions.
How to submit results
Results can be submitted online from 1st January 2011 via our members page (click the 'Pointscore 2011' or 'Junior Handlers' link on the right of the page after you log in which will appear after 1st January). If you are not a member, you can join here. (There is no charge to enter the pointscore).
Please contact us if you have any questions.