Rising Star of the Year 2019 Rules
The Rising Star of the Year 2019 competition will recognise the National, State and Breed leaders for the up and coming youngsters (up to 18 months of age).
|Total Number of Entries in Show|
|Win||Less than 250||250 entries and over||1000 entries and over|
|Best in Show||31 Points||62 Points||124 Points|
|Class in Show||25 Points||50 Points||100 Points|
|Best in Group||13 Points||26 Points||52 Points|
|Class in Group||10 Points||20 Points||40 Points|
|Class of Breed||5 Points||5 Points||5 Points|
Competition Specific Rules
- These rules should be read in conjuction with the rules covering all pointscore competitions.
- Eligible results can be entered from any Championship Show in Australia. Points awarded are as per table above.
- Exhibit must be under 18 months of age on the date of the show.
- Where a show runs over multiple days, the 'Date of the Show' used for determining an exhibit's eligibility (age) will be the final day (General Specials).
- When submitted your result, if you do not specify the number of entries in the show when asked, we will award the lowest points for the result.
- The result you submit must be from one of the following classes...
- 1 - Baby
- 2 - Minor
- 3 - Puppy
- 4 - Junior
- 6 - Novice
- 7 - Graduate
- 8 - Limit
- 9 - State Bred
- 10 - Australian Bred
- 14 - Bred by Exhibitor
- 11 - Open
- Only the best 40 results (points value) will be included. The pointscore system will automatically select the best 40 results from the results that are submitted.
- In the event that 2 or more dogs have the same number of points, the dog with the most 'Class in Show' wins (out of their top 40 results) will be placed first. If there is still not an outright leader, the number of 'Class in Group' wins (out of the top 40 results) will be counted.
- At a show where a particular class is not awarded at Group level (in particular shows that use the Group 1 to 4 placing system), no points will be awarded for that class. Points will however still be awarded if you win Best in Show or Best in Group
- The following rules apply to the State component of the Rising Star of the Year competition.
- For the purposes of the pointscore, a dog's 'Competition State' will be defined as the state where the dog is intended to reside and be exhibited for the majority of the year when actively shown. Once the competition state is selected, this will generally not be able to be changed during the year.
- For exhibits that reside near the border of a particular state/territory, (eg ACT/NSW), the dog can be placed in the state where it is intended to be shown the most (rather than the state where it actually resides).
- The state tally will be calculated on the top 40 shows that were held in the dog's 'competition state' only. This could result in different shows being counted in the state and national component of the competition.
- Whilst the competition state generally will not be changed once it is selected, we reserve the right to change the competition state for a dog if circumstances warrant it. Our decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Certificates will be awarded in the Rising Star Competition for
- National Winner
- Each State Winner
- Each Group Winner (National and State)
- Each National Breed Winner
- Each State Breed Winner (if not a National Breed Winner)
Australian Bred and Best Dog/Bitch Leaderboard.
Certificates will be awarded for the following only if the dog has not already received a certificate for winning an overall major award above.
- National Australian Bred Winner and also Best National Dog or Bitch
- State Australian Bred Winner and also Best State Dog or Bitch
- Each Australian Bred in Group Winner (National and State) and also Best Dog or Bitch in Group (National and State)
Please Note: No certificates will be issued for Breed Level wins on the Australian Bred and Best Dog/Bitch Leaderboards