Pointscore Competition Rules 2020
The 2020 pointscore is split into six individual competitions.
Click each button below to go to the specific rules / points allocation for that particular competition.
- Show Dog of the Year Competition
- Breed Challenge Competition
- Rising Star Competition
- Neuter Competition
- ADVANCE® Breeder of the Year
- Junior Handlers Competition
Rules for all competitions
- These rules cover all sections of the pointscore. For details about specific rules and points allocation for each specific pointscore competition, click the relevant buttons above.
- Qualifying results must be submitted electronically via this web site within 30 days of the event. (See how to enter.) Title certificates for the breeder competition must be received by us within 90 days of the issue date on the certificate and adhere to any other time limits as specified in the rules.
- The final date for submission of all results and title certificates is midnight on 6th January 2020 (Brisbane time).
- Only the highest eligible award per exhibit per show will be counted for each competition section.
- For FCI/CACIB shows that have different group allocations, any 'Show/Group' points won at those events will be allocated to the dog's normal ANKC group.
- Where a show has a larger than normal number of absentees for any reason, we reserve the right to adjust the points allocated for the Show Dog of the Year and the Rising Star sections of the poinstcore at our absolute discretion.
- In the interest of fair play and a sporting competition, once a dog has been entered into the pointscore competition, it will not be removed unless there are extenuating circumstances. (Please be certain that you wish to enter for the full year before completing the application).
- It is up to the individual to check their points tally for correctness. Any errors or omissions should be immediately sent to us for correction. Changes will not be made to your points outside of the 30 day limit.
- The integrity of the pointscore relies greatly on the honesty of the person submitting the results. If a result has been submitted that awards more points to a dog, breeder or handler than they would otherwise have been entitled to, we may disqualify the result. If 2 or more discrepancies are detected, we reserve the right to disqualify the "Competitor" entirely from this (and future) year's competition.
- If a dog or owner (including part owners) is suspended by any ANKC affiliated State Canine Association, we reserve the right to disqualify the owner and/or dog from the competition.
- Whilst all due care is taken, Dogz Online Pty Ltd (and/or the pointscore partners) assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions that may occur in this competition.
- We reserve the right to alter these rules and/or terms and conditions at any time without individual notice to you. The decisions of Dogz Online Pty Ltd (and/or the pointscore partners) (including interpretation of the rules) are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By submitting an entry to the point score competition, you indicate your acceptance and understanding of these rules and conditions.
How to submit results
Results can be submitted online from 1st January 2020 via our members page (click the 'Results 2020' or 'Junior Handlers' link on the left of the page after you log in which will appear after 1st January). If you are not a member, you can join here. (There is no charge to enter the pointscore).
Please contact us if you have any questions.