Breed Challenge 2021 Rules
The Breed Challenge recognises consistent performers at breed level based on Challenge points received.
|Best of Breed||Challenge points received at breed level only for your BOB win only. DO NOT INCLUDE any extra challenge points that you may have been given for winning Best/Runner-Up in Show or Best/Runner-Up in Group!|
|Dog Challenge||Challenge points received|
|Bitch Challenge||Challenge points received|
Competition Specific Rules
- These rules should be read in conjuction with the rules covering all pointscore competitions.
- Eligible results can be entered from any Championship Show in Australia. Points awarded are as per table above.
- Only the best 40 results (points value) will be included. The pointscore system will automatically select the best 40 results from the results that are submitted.
- In the event that 2 or more dogs have the same number of points, the dog with the most Best of Breed wins (out of the top 40 results) will be placed first.
- The following rules apply to the State component of the Breed Challenge competition.
- For the purposes of the pointscore, a dog's 'Competition State' will be defined as the state where the dog is intended to reside and be exhibited for the majority of the year when actively shown. Once the competition state is selected, this will generally not be able to be changed during the year.
- For exhibits that reside near the border of a particular state/territory, (eg ACT/NSW), the dog can be placed in the state where it is intended to be shown the most (rather than the state where it actually resides).
- The state tally will be calculated on the top 40 shows that were held in the dog's 'competition state' only. This could result in different shows being counted in the state and national component of the competition.
- Whilst the competition state generally will not be changed once it is selected, we reserve the right to change the competition state for a dog if circumstances warrant it. Our decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Certificates will be awarded in the Breed Challenge Competition for
- National Winner for each breed
- State Winner for each breed (if the dog was not the National Winner)