Show Dog of the Year 2019 Rules
The Show Dog of the Year 2019 competition is based on an individual dog's significant show wins at a National and State level.
|Best in Show||Awarded points equal to the number of dogs entered in the Show|
|Runner Up in Show (Best in Show 2nd)||Awarded points equal to the number of dogs entered in the Show less 1|
|Best in Group||Awarded points equal to the number of dogs entered in the Group|
|Runner Up in Group (Best in Group 2nd)||Awarded points equal to the number of dogs entered in the Group less 1|
Competition Specific Rules
- These rules should be read in conjuction with the rules covering all pointscore competitions.
- Eligible results can be entered from any Championship Show in Australia. Points awarded are as per table above.
- Only the best 30 results (points value) will be included. The pointscore system will automatically select the best 30 results from the results that are submitted.
- In the event that 2 or more dogs have the same number of points, the dog with the most 'Best in Show' wins (out of their top 30 results) will be placed first. If there is still not an outright leader, the number of Runner-Up in Show wins (out of the top 30 results) will be counted, and then if necessary, the Best in Group wins (out of the top 30 results).
- The following rules apply to the State component of the pointscore competition.
- For the purposes of the pointscore, a dog's 'Competition State' will be defined as the state where the dog is intended to reside for the majority of the year when actively shown. Once the competition state is selected, this will generally not be able to be changed during the year.
- For exhibits that reside near the border of a particular state/territory, (eg ACT/NSW), the dog can be placed in the state where it is intended to be shown the most (rather than the state where it actually resides).
- The state tally will be calculated on the top 30 shows that were held in the dog's 'competition state' only. This could result in different shows being counted in the state and national component of the competition.
- Whilst the competition state generally will not be changed once it is selected, we reserve the right to change the competition state for a dog if circumstances warrant it. Our decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Certificates will be awarded in the Show Dog of the Year Competition for
- National Winner
- Each State Winner
- Each Group Winner (National and State)
- Each National Breed Winner
- Each State Breed Winner (if not a National Breed Winner)
Australian Bred and Best Dog/Bitch Leaderboard.
Certificates will be awarded for the following only if the dog has not already received a certificate for winning an overall major award above.
- National Australian Bred Winner and also Best National Dog or Bitch
- State Australian Bred Winner and also Best State Dog or Bitch
- Each Australian Bred in Group Winner (National and State) and also Best Dog or Bitch in Group (National and State)
Please Note: No certificates will be issued for Breed Level wins on the Australian Bred and Best Dog/Bitch Leaderboards